About Facial Peels
Facial peels are an extraordinary option for many skincare concerns both medical and cosmetic.
Facial peels are generally categorized into three tiers of treatment strength: low, medium, and deep. The medical dermatology team at Ava MD delivers world-class chemical peels that remove damaged tissues, revealing the glow of nourished skin.
Getting Familiar with Treatment
After the face is prepared by cleansing or pre-treatment regimen, a carefully-selected solution is brushed onto the skin.
This solution is left to sit for a limited period of time, which varies based on the treatment you’re getting. After the treatment has had enough exposure to the skin, your Ava MD expert will neutralize the solution, soothing treated area.
Now that you know how the procedure works–let’s talk results! What results can you expect after each peel?
Benefits of Facial Peels
Beyond the minimally-invasive technique and cost-effectiveness, the potential results of your chemical peels depend on the type of chemical chosen and technique possessed by the person performing the peel.
Ava MD’s world-class team of medical dermatologists have developed a reputation for consistent excellence and exceeding client expectations. Read on to learn more about the different benefits of the light, medium, and deep chemical peels we offer.
- Light :
- Evens pigmentation from sun damage
- Soothes dryness
- Treats acne
- Smooths fine wrinkles
- Promotes the health of aging skin
Gentle chemical exfoliation removes damaged tissues, revealing a healthy glow.
- Medium :
- Resurfaces acne scars
- Resurfaces moderate wrinkles
- Evens moderate hyperpgimentation.
This effective chemical exfoliation penetrates through the top layers of the skin and moves deep into the middle layers. An intervention that yield significant results.
- Deep :
This powerful, vitamin-A fueled peel penetrates past the top and middle layers of the skin, extending the solution into the lower layers. This intensive treatment brings radical results!
Types of Facial Peels
- The Perfect Derma Peel
- A very light peel with only 2 – 4 days expected healing time
- Non-invasive yet powerful solution
- Delivers results after just one treatment
- Green Peel
- The “non-chemical” peel
- Encourages skin renewal and regeneration of essential proteins
- 5 days from treatment to gorgeous results!
- Rids the skin of dead cells and metabolic waste
- Glytone Peel
- Outstanding formulas specially tailored to different areas of the body
- Soothes acne
- Reduces hyperpigmentation
- Improves skin tone and health
- Cosmelan Peel
- Powerful yet balanced blend of acids remove hyperpigmentation
- Comprehensive in-office and at-home treatment plan
- Topical follow-up treatment (Cosmelan 2) optimizes results and prevents rebound pigmentation
- Safe for all skin types
- Results within 1-2 weeks
Side Effects & Recovery
The amount of preparation and aftercare for skin peels depends on your skin’s current condition, the strength of the treatment you’ve chosen, and the quality of your aftercare.
At Ava MD, we guide you through the entire process to ensure you’re being offered an exquisite treatment that will meet your skincare goals without interfering with your lifestyle.
- Light peels may cause some momentary stinging sensations. Following treatment, you may notice temporary redness or irritated skin. For this peel, you can look forward to a simple recovery regimen of moisturized to heal skin, followed by high factor sunscreen to protect your new glow. Avg. recovery time: 1-7 days
- Medium peels may cause you to feel as if you are healing from a moderate sunburn. The amount and duration of redness and peeling in the skin after treatment varies from person to person. Moisturizing during the healing process ensures maximum results. Avg. recovery time: 7 – 14 days.
- Deep peels may cause peeling, redness, swelling, and discomfort. The amount of time it takes for the redness to fade depends on your unique skin type. The intense power of this treatment makes freshly exfoliated skin extra-vulnerable to sun damage, making high factor sunscreens, pain medication, and moisturizers important tools for recovery. Avg. recovery time: 14 – 21 days.
The success of a chemical peel depends on the choice of treatment and a masterful treatment application.
No matter how gentle or intense the treatment you select is known to be, Ava MD’s top priority is offering you top-quality, compassionate, comfortable care informed by the latest advances in the medical dermatology. To learn more about recovery and pain management options, please get in touch using the information below.
Want to explore how chemical peels can improve the health of your skin? We’d love to keep talking with you! Give us a ring, touch base with us online, or come visit us in Santa Monica and Beverly Hills.