Give your skin and your senses a break this Thanksgiving with everyone’s favorite seasonal vegetable! Pumpkin provides a powerhouse of benefits, for all skin types, including:
- Sun damage repair: Vitamin A to soothe and soften, Vitamin C to remedy environmental damage
- Reduction of inflammation: Medley of anti-inflammatory actives soothe and calm
- Exfoliation: Highly effective enzymes slough away dead skin and promote skin cell turnover
- Hydration: Natural emollients such as Vitamin E infuse moisture
- Oil Control and Pore Size Reduction: Torulitine and other actives tone, fight blemishes, reduce pore size and help regulate excess sebum
Here’s what you’ll need for a little pre-holiday TLC:
- Pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin
- Unflavored yogurt
- Ground almonds
- Olive oil
- Start by mixing 2 cups of pureed, cooked fresh or canned pumpkin.
- Add 4 tablespoons unflavored yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey, 1/3 cup ground almonds, 1/4 teaspoon olive oil.
- Mix and apply to clean, moist skin.
- The enzymes are more active when moist, so sit in a warm tub or shower for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove with a clean washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer and enjoy soft clean skin!
- Cover the rest of the mixture and use within a week.
Voila! You’ll look like you stepped out of the spa, instead of the kitchen. Enjoy!
To learn more about skin care treatment, visit WebMd.com.