Our patients in the Santa Monica and Beverly Hills area know that when it comes to acne, Ava M.D. is able to address all of their needs and immediate requirements. The Acne Treatment Center is equipped with a variety of procedures and techniques that are all geared towards the improvement of your skin condition and help reveal the smoother, more beautiful you underneath the acne. And to keep it that way, we thought we’d give you some useful advice on how to naturally treat pimples and ensure that your skin is clear and blemish-free all the time, even when your busy schedule keeps you away from the dermatologist’s office.
- Putting ice over the pimple helps improve the blood circulation and freeze the pores to help eliminate dirt and oil from getting in. It helps reduce swelling and inflammation to soothe and improve the appearance of your skin.
- Fresh lemon juice helps dry out the pimple faster, and honey has natural antibiotics that prevent infections.
- Treat your face to a steam bath to open up your pores and eliminate the dirt, oil, and bacteria clogging them.
- Rub fresh garlic directly on the pimple and leave it on for a few minutes to treat and heal pimples. Garlic has natural antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant properties.
- Peppermint is a powerful tool that can be used against pimples and helps reduce redness and irritation because of its antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- If you have sensitive skin, baking soda applied on your face is a good option because it does not cause skin irritation. Mix it with your lemon juice, or plain water, and apply it on your pimple.
- Not only do cucumbers and papayas have soothing and cooling effects, they are also rich in antioxidants and vitamins that make your skin softer and reduce inflammation.
To learn more about pimple treatment, visit WebMD.com.
To get more useful skincare advice, call Ava M.D. at 310-828-2282 for the Santa Monica office, or 310-843-915 for the Beverly Hills office.