What is Laser Assisted Drug Delivery?
At Ava MD we are committed to providing our patients access to the most advanced dermatological care and technology. A new development that we’re thrilled to offer at our clinic is LADD, or, Laser Assisted Drug Delivery. This new approach has revolutionized the quality and performance of topical skin treatments.
So, what is LADD? And how does it help? The main word to focus on is: delivery! With creams, ointments, and serums, active ingredients may struggle to truly sink into the skin. While a conventional topical treatment reaches the top few layers, LADD topical treatments help the ingredients move deeper into the skin.
Traditionally, an injection might be used to bring the ingredients where you want them. Thankfully, we live in the year 2018 and you can ditch that needle for a laser! The LADD system’s laser uses state-of-the-art technology to create micro-passages in the skin. Through these passages, topical treatments (approved for LADD therapy) are delivered deeper into the skin’s tissues, bringing you the results you want.
Benefits of Laser Assisted Drug Delivery
Research shows that combining LADD with topical treatments has multiple advantages over a typical topical application, including but not limited to:
- Accessibility: You don’t need to burden yourself with coordinating care between multiple pharmacies and insurance companies since LADD is performed by appointment.
- Non-invasiveness: As always, AvaMD maintains a non-operative priority. This laser treatment allows for more precise treatment without going under the knife or needle!
- Compliance: Following your treatment plan is simple. No need to worry about taking pills each day or following a complex treatment routine, just arrive for your appointment and let us take care of you.
- Safety: Since the active ingredients that do the heavy-lifting are able to easily penetrate the skin, gentler cream formulas may be used!
- Effectiveness: The innovative LADD system removes barriers that often keep topical medicines from reaching the areas they need to treat!
The Results You Can Expect
Once you and your Ava MD skincare expert have decided LADD is right for you, there’s a lot to look forward to. Ava MD treatments, combined with LADD, allow for a more precise use of topical drugs. With that precision, the ingredients go where they’re needed. As a result, stronger (and often more expensive) creams are not necessary!
With LADD, it often takes a lower dose to achieve the desired therapeutic effect. While this system can be used for a variety of treatments, it is most commonly used to treat scarring and encourage stronger results from rejuvenating procedures.
For More Information About Laser Assisted Drug Delivery, Contact Us
If you are interested in learning more about how LADD can make your skincare treatments more effective, book a session with the experts today! Give us a call at (310) 439-5417 (Beverly Hills) or (310) 736-6146 (Santa Monica). Through a consultation with our team, you can find the care that is right for you!